- There were no results found.
What does it take to create one of our articles?
HistoricIndianapolis.com is a daily online publication that allows readers "Seven days a week of falling in love with Indy through its history."
We entertain, educate and inspire visitors about Indiana's capital city.
Mission: Historic Indianapolis.com ignites interest, creates conversation and sparks action about Indy's past, present and future.
Part of the HI Life code:
1. Conservation, preservation and rehabilitation of historic buildings should be the first consideration in redevelopment.
2. We must create a thriving urban core. Like pre-flight instructions to put the mask on yourself before attempting to help others in the event of a change in cabin pressure--same goes with the city--the core must be stable first.
3. Indy deserves top shelf design for new development. End of story.
4. We all have the opportunity to be part of the solution or part of the problem.
5. We love, support and prefer local businesses whenever and wherever possible--especially those in historic buildings or neighborhoods.
6. Neighborhoods should serve neighbors first, commuters somewhere thereafter.
HI has no endowment, no sugar daddy, no stash sewn in a mattress--we rely on readers and sponsors to support the content and operation of this site. Despite the common misconception, running a website like this is not free.
At HI, we conduct (sometimes painstaking) research and spend ages in libraries. We invest hundreds of hours and a multitude of resources every month to produce the content you enjoy here. We love what we bring you, and if you do too, we hope you will consider becoming an HI supporter.
With deepest thanks in advance on behalf of the HI Team and other readers. XO