Location: Eagle Creek
Reed Family, early landowners
The land around Reed Road was once owned by the prominent Reed family of Pike Township. One of the early members of the family was John C. Reed, who served as Justice of the Peace in Pike Township from 1878 to 1882.
Reed, a farmer born around 1834, was married to Louisa, and as of 1880, had four children: John, Jr., Charles, Anne and Ella, many of whom continued to live in the Pike Township area until the 20th century.
All photos courtesy of Sergio Bennett.