The Brookside Building was constructed by Foster Engineering Company at 2236 E. 10th Street (on the northwest corner of E. 10th and N. Beville Streets). The two-story, U-shaped brick structure was built using the Foster unit slab system of reinforced concrete and can be seen under construction in these 1925 and 1926 photographs at the Indiana Historical Society. The Brookside, presumably named for the nearby park, originally housed 14 apartments and 8 storefronts. Several pharmacies occupied the busy corner from the 1920s through the 1960s, including the Rossiter Cut Rate Pharmacy (as seen in this image) and later Ted Brown Drugs. (Courtesy John H. Boner Community Center, photo circa 1928)