These are from the 1400 Block of North Meridian Street. Above is the former home of Mr. and Mrs. Addison Clay Harris. Mr. Harris was born October 1, 1840 and graduated from Northwestern Christian (now Butler) University and began studying law in the office of Barbour & Howland and later with Samuel E. Perkins. In 1865, he entered into law practice with John T. Dye–for 17 years. From 1876-1880, Harris was a member of the Indiana State Senate, and he served as president of the Indiana Law School from 1899-1904; the Indiana Bar Association from 1904-1905 and was on Purdue University’s Board of Trustees from 1909-1916. He died September 2, 1916.
The photo below, circa 1908, was around the time that Josiah K. Lilly lived next door at 1500 N. Meridian.