“TRUNKS. BEE HIVE TRUNK FACTORY. GOODYEAR’S RUBBER GOODS. RUBBER” lined the top of the window at 27 West Washington Street. This L. E. Morrison & Co. advertising postcard, circa 1910, shows a wide variety of bags and luggage on display for those in need of housing and/or moving stuff. The Indiana State Museum has an actual artifact from the store: an example of a trunk fabricated by this company. (Be sure to click on the photos and check out the beautiful label lining the interior.)
No trace remains of this storefront, which would have been in the block of West Washington Street between Meridian and Illinois Streets on the south side of the street. Perhaps it was removed when Circle Center Mall went in, or perhaps it was long gone before. Either way, it would be lovely to have a local fabricator of sturdy travel gear with Indianapolis proudly stamped on the inside of it.