This home is one in a string of a few houses on north New Jersey Street that are in need of a restoration prayer…

OLDNORTHSIDE_HERRONMORTON_MARCH2011_389-sm

OLDNORTHSIDE_HERRONMORTON_MARCH2011_390-sm

The 1915 city directory lists Frank T Lalley as the owner of this home. He and his brother William ran the Lalley Brothers Merchant Tailors, at the time located on the second floor of the Odd Fellows Building (1 N Pennsylvania Street). Previously, the business was in the English Block on Monument Circle. By the 1923 directory, the brothers’ business apparently was doing well enough to buy an advertisement in the directory, and to move up to the fourth floor of the Odd Fellows building.

lalleybros-1923directory

If only Frank could help out his old house now and restore it to what must have been a grand home.